Custom Size Tablecloths: A Guide on How to Measure For a Perfect Fit
The building block of your table setting at any event, whether a multi-day conference or a one-day community marathon, is a well-fitting tablecloth.
A generic tablecloth that’s too large or too small will affect the overall look of your booth.
But a custom-size tablecloth, one tailor-made according to your table’s shape and size, offers more benefits than just its sleek, elegant look. It:
- Attracts attention to your booth and makes your display stand out from your competitors
- Is an easy and affordable way to add a professional touch to your table and draw in serious clients and potential collaborators
- Is reusable and easy to transport, making it a perfect branding tool on-the-go.
Fortunately, there is a custom tablecloth for every shape, whether round, rectangle, square, oval, or even oblong.
All you need to know is how to measure your table correctly, which we’ll show how to do with these easy-to-follow steps.
Step #1: Measure Your Table
Trade show tablecloths are made to fit standard folding tables in 4ft, 6ft, and 8ft lengths with the drop of the tablecloth going all the way to the floor. The general measurements for these tables are:
- 24" wide x 48" long x 29" tall for 4ft length tables
- 30" wide x 72" long x 29" tall for 6ft length tables
- 30" wide x 96" long x 29" tall for 8ft length tables
Always measure your table to see if it’s a standard size. MVP Visuals’ tablecloths are designed to fit these standard tables.
But if your table has a varying length, width, or height, be sure to provide its right dimensions when you request a quote. We’ll get back to you with its pricing info and a custom template.
To determine the fit for your custom size table cover, we need these major dimensions:
- Measure the length and width of its tabletop (or the diameter, if it's round)
- Measure the height from the tabletop to the floor.
However, it's important to note that different tablecloth shapes and styles may require a few extra details about your table for us to ensure that perfect fit, specifically stretch custom table covers. Let's see how to measure for these in addition to the steps above.
Measuring for Round Stretch Tablecloths
MVP Visuals offers stretch table covers for 30" round x 42" tall 'cocktail' style tables. They feature a contoured, tight fit with the bottom of the tablecloth hooking to the feet of the table with the help of rubber cups.
However, if you need a stretch cover for a round table with a different height or diameter, here's how to give us your dimensions when you request a quote.
Once we have your dimensions, our production team will work to create a bespoke template to design and print your tablecloth to achieve that eye-catching end result shown above.
Measuring for Square or Rectangular Stretch Table Cloths
The majority of MVP Visuals tablecloths are designed to fit commercial grade rectangular folding tables. But they can also be made at the 42" bar height, or other heights and widths, upon request.
Reference the graphic above if it has any variance in width, length, or height and share the listed dimensions with us when requesting a quote.
[ Get pricing for your custom size tablecloth ]
Step #2: Make Your Order
The final step to getting your custom-size tablecloth is ordering it from a trusted and reliable manufacturer, such as MVP Visuals.
"We have done business with MVP for several years. They produce quality products with outstanding customer service and quick production time."
Most tablecloths manufacturers offer standard sizes, but the best tablecloths are those tailor-made to fit your table’s shape and size.
Whether you have an extra large trade show table or a tiny cocktail table, we’ll customize a tablecloth for it. Just call us at (800) 980-6871 or email email@example.com to get started.
If you request a quick quote for your custom tablecloth, we’ll issue a personalized estimate within 24 hours.
For an accurate price quote, provide the following additional details for your tablecloth:
Step 1: What fabric do you want?
Our custom-size printed tablecloths come in durable, flame-retardant, and hard-wearing fabrics that can withstand regular indoor and outdoor use:
- Standard polyester: Light 300 denier weight, but still high-quality and machine washable. Available in a classic throw style fit, or more tucked-in looks like fitted with inverted corner pleats, or a boxy fitted with no pleats look.
- 600 denier polyester: Heavily structured with a tight boxy fit that cannot be easily blown away by the wind. It's UV-fade resistant, flame retardant, and water repellent. It's also super easy to clean, needing only a damp cloth and warm soapy water.
- Liquid repellent polyester: Has a special coating that allows liquid to simply slide off without wetting the fabric. It’s perfect if you’re in the beverage industry since you’ll give out drink samples without worrying about spills.
- Spandex fabric: Incredibly elastic and stretches to snugly fit your entire table. This fit makes it wrinkle and crease-resistant, eliminating the need for ironing.
- Stretch polyester: Similar to spandex fabric, only thicker and more durable.
Related Article: Customizable Tablecloths: 3 Reliable Fabrics For Outdoor Events
Step 2: Pick Your Fit Style
|Polyester Throw||Polyester Fitted||Convertible||Stretch|
Step 3: Determine Your Print Area
Compared to screen printing, dye sublimation is the best printing method for your custom tablecloths because it’s highly durable, produces high-quality images, and can handle more complex print.
MVP Visuals provide two major printing options for your custom tablecloths:
- Front-Panel Printing: Feature your brand's logo or name printed at the center of your tablecloth. We have options to include multiple colors to make a bold statement, or a single color imprint for a minimalistic look.
- All-Over Printing: Provide 360-degree exposure to your brand. This method enables you to add your brand's name or logo, website, or tagline on every side of your custom tablecloth. This choice also supports background patterns and images, too!
Step 4: Set your color choice
Here at MVP, we offer color matching for Solid Coated Pantone colors to ensure brand consistency. But for those who may not be sure what background color to choose for their custom tablecloth, we have a range of 40+ color options to choose from. They all have corresponding Pantone colors to ensure the best consistency from the appearance on your screen to the final print.
You can choose vibrant and eye-catching base colors, like shades of red, white, blue, or yellow; you can also choose something more neutral, like a beige, brown, grey, or black.
Regardless of your color choice, ensure it matches the decor of your event space and your other marketing collateral for a harmonious look.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a rectangular tablecloth on an oval shaped table?
You can use a tablecloth made for rectangular tables on an oval shaped table. However, the draping will be a little different and you may have to experiment a few times before finding a good fit. We always recommend ordering a tablecloth made to fit the table you're using.
Q: How much should my tablecloth hang over?
Industry standard for tradeshows, conferences, and brand events is typically a full drop - for normal folding tables like we mentioned at the start of the article, this would be 30".
However, if you have a different personal preference for your tablecloth's drop length, simply request a quote and let us know so we can configure a custom order for you!
Q: What should I do if my tablecloth is too long?
You can shorten your tablecloth by adding a temporary or permanent hem to the customized dimensions.
For a temporary hem, insert brooches or decorative pins beneath to hem the excessive fabric; while for a permanent hem, trim and finish one or two cutting edges of the tablecloth to shorten it.
Click below to share this article on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.