How To Effectively Clean Inflatable Sports Tunnels
Inflatable sports tunnels are a great way to draw attention to any game, be it football, soccer, basketball, or even baseball.
Yet truth be told, nobody likes to look at a dirty display - that's why it’s important to clean your tunnel properly.
Learning how to clean your inflatable sports tunnel is as easy as learning your ABCs—all you need is the right tools and approach, and just like that—your tunnel looks brand new again.
The following five readily-available tools are all you need to clean your inflatable sports tunnel effectively:
- A vacuum cleaner (we recommend a cordless one such as the Dyson V15 so you can bring it with you to outdoor events)
- A broom with soft bristles (make sure it’s sturdy and has good grip)
- Cleaning solution (avoid overly strong cleaners like bleach and solvents)
Choosing the Right Cleaning Solution
Go for eco-friendly detergents that’re:
- Safe for human
- Don’t leave residues behind
- Have a mildly sweet aroma
Note: Avoid substances that have a harsh chemical scent as they tend to be stronger and may damage your inflatable.
Note #2: It’s important to use detergents that protect the vinyl material on your inflatable so doesn’t wear out fast. Always check the pH level on the detergent and make sure it doesn’t exceed 11.
The table below shows the types of chemicals to avoid when cleaning your inflatable sports tunnel and why.
|Chemical||Why You Should Avoid It|
|Chlorine||Weakens the threads of your PVC material, reducing its life span|
|Bleach||Can permanently distort the colors of your custom inflatable sports tunnel and cause it to fade|
|Methyl ethyl ketone||Breaks down the vinyl and weakens its integrity also reducing its lifespan|
|Any acidic solution||Weakens the threads of your vinyl and may corrode the fabric|
The best cleaning solution for your inflatable sports tunnel is detergents made specifically for cleaning vinyl. As said, these are detergents with a pH level less than 11. Yet, if you can’t find a suitable detergent then your regular dishwashing soap with warm water will do.
Pro Tip: You don’t need to use a lot of dishwashing soap with warm water. In fact, 1–2 tablespoons of soap work with a bucket full of water.
Now that you have all your tools ready, you can clean your inflatable sports tunnel by following each of these quick and easy steps.
Pro Tip: Pick a sunny day to clean your custom inflatable sports tunnel to ensure that it dries quickly after cleaning.
Step #1: Inflate Your Sports Tunnel
1. Find a clear flat surface and roll out your inflatable sports tunnel. If it has any moisture in it, allow it to dry out completely.
Tip: You can lay down a tarpaulin beneath your tunnel so you don’t get the bottom part of your inflatable sports tunnel dirty when you finish cleaning it.
2. Once all is laid out properly, inflate your tunnel. The inflation time might vary, depending on the size of your sports tunnel. Some take less than 5 minutes, others can take up to 15 minutes. However, ensure the tunnel is fully inflated before proceeding.
Step #2: Vacuum or Sweep Out Dirt
Now that your inflatable sports tunnel is inflated, you can follow these next steps:
1. Use your vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt and debris that may be stuck on the tunnel surfaces.
Tip: If you don’t have a vacuum cleaner, you can use a broom with soft bristles to sweep out the dirt.
2. Start from the inside of the tunnel and move toward the outer edges. This will improve your cleaning efficiency as you will get rid of any dirt expelled from the inside without dirtying the outer surface.
“Everything we've ordered from MVP has come out looking SO GOOD! Highly recommend them!”
Step #3: Perform a Thorough Clean
1. Using your vinyl cleaning solution or dishwashing detergent with warm water, gently scrub your inflatable sports tunnel with a soft, clean rug. As before, start from the inside and work your way to the outer edges.
Tip: Look out for stains while cleaning and take a few extra seconds to remove them. You can use a power washer on a low setting to remove stubborn stains.
2. Once you’re done cleaning with the soapy water, quickly rinse your inflatable sports tunnel to ensure that it’s spotless.
Step #4: Disinfect Your Inflatable Sports Tunnel
1. Sanitize your inflatable sports tunnel with a disinfectant spray to get rid of any bacteria that may be on the surfaces.
Tip: Make sure that you read the product manual to learn the correct concentration levels needed as well as the recommended application method. Also, ensure that you give the disinfectant some time to work properly.
Step #5: Air Dry Your Inflatable Sports Tunnel
Get Your Inflatable Sports Tunnel Today
While effectively cleaning your custom inflatable sports tunnel is a great way to make it stand out and last longer, buying one from a manufacturer who listens and delivers exactly what you ask for will complement your care practices.
When you buy from MVP Visuals, not only are you assured of getting products of the highest quality but you also get a partner who provides the royalty service you deserve.
Other than inflatable sports tunnels we provide a variety of other products, including custom inflatable arches, custom banners, and custom tents to help make your event a success.
The below table shows just a few of the products we provide.
Custom Pop-up Tent
Hanging Banner Display
A customized inflatable arch is a great outdoor advertising tool Kickstart your marathon, ceremony, or expo using a customized inflatable arch.
We provide customized pop-up tents complete with your brand logo and colors to make your brand more noticeable during events.
Check out our collection of customized pop-up tents.
A hanging banner display is a great way to catch your visitor’s eye whether it’s at:
Your hanging banner display can’t go unnoticed Custom order your display banner today at MVP Visuals and get your brand seen by everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I clean my inflatable sports tunnel?
Ideally, you should clean your inflatable sports tunnel after every use to ensure that it’s clean and fresh for your next event.
How long do inflatable tunnels last?
A high quality inflatable sports tunnel can last between 5–10 years, but it solely depends on how well you take care of it.
Consider the following tips to improve the lifespan of your inflatable sport’s tunnel:
- Always follow the correct guide in setting up and dismantling your inflatable sports tunnel.
- Always take time to clean your inflatable sports tunnel correctly.
- Don’t use strong chemicals like bleach or high-pH detergents when cleaning your inflatable sports tunnel as they may cause serious damage.
- Avoid using your inflatable sports tunnel in harsh weather conditions, such as strong winds and storms.
Share on Facebook: