MVP Partners With Homes For Our Troops
by Ben Camerota on April 16, 2018
One of our Core Values is the phrase "Above & Beyond." For the people working here, it's a reminder on how we strive to work for our customers and with each other. It's a phrase we talk about at weekly meetings and drives a lot of how we think about MVP Visuals and where we're headed. Here's all our Core Values listed on the walls of our entryway.
We've extended this mindset beyond our MVP cocoon in the form of charitable giving. This includes past donations to soup kitchens and shelters. It felt great to help out locally, but we wanted to find a way we could give back that ties into our own mission: to make it really easy for our customers to order and receive high quality custom branded displays.
While evaluating a number of national charities, we began to focus on product collections. How could we tie in our "Above & Beyond" mentality with what we provide?
That's where Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) comes in. They're a perfect non-profit partner on a number of levels:
- Their mission is incredible: to build and donate specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post – 9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives.
- HFOT has received Charity Navigator’s highest rating of 4 Stars for seven straight years and Charity Watch has awarded them an A.
- Their proximity to us in Connecticut allows our team to get involved with local events throughout the year.
Here's how our "Homes for Heroes" campaign will work:
- A percentage of revenue from every custom tent sold will be sent to Homes for Our Troops.
- Our annual giving goal is $10,000.
We're excited that every custom shelter purchased will help to give shelter to a veteran in need. Our first check for $2,500 was sent out last week. Please share their mission with anyone you think would be interested.
Ben Camerota, President
You can learn more about Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) here.
To learn more about our custom tents, visit our collection page here.