4 Easy Tips To Help Ship Trade Show Displays
by Olivia Rose on May 13, 2013
Our job doesn’t end just because your trade show table cover or display has shipped. And we know that some venues charge a handling fee just to ship your items and bring them to your booth!
Here are some tips on how to plan ahead and save some cash on your trade show displays.
Tip #1 - Order Early
- As you know, express shipping costs can be insanely expensive. Ordering your displays the month prior (and ensuring ground shipping) is the easiest way to save hundreds of dollars on your promotional product orders.
Tip #2 - Watch Your Weight
- Fabric pop-up displays are light weight and portable (accompanied by a nylon bag with wheels). They also operate as a fully collapsible free standing back wall that can be placed anywhere with a full wall of print. Weight: 20-30 pounds.
- Retractable banners are even lighter. These displays operate as with a spring loaded movie screen that rolls right into its own base. This is a perfect traveling display: easy set-up and keeps your banner looking clean and professional. Weight: 15 pounds.
- Fabric banners. It doesn’t get much lighter than this! Most trade shows have a pipe and drape set up in your booth, so all you need to do is the following: order a few banner hooks, unfold your fabric banner (with grommets), and hang on the existing hardware. Weight. Less than 5 pounds.
Tip #3 - Fly Alone
- Air travel with displays can be a hassle, so we suggest you ship your items directly to your hotel. Remember to label your package HOLD FOR GUEST: YOUR NAME & ARRIVAL DATE so it will be waiting upon your arrival. It’s always a good idea to call to make sure your package has delivered in advance.
Tip #4 - Print Labels
- Have your return labels already printed out before you leave for the show. Rather than have the hotel do the shipping for you, just print out the labels and place them on the existing boxes to return your display home. You can even ask your hotel if they have a regular UPS or FedEx pick-up.
MVP Visuals is a supplier of custom printed displays for retail and event promotions. We feed off the power of happy customers.
Other Posts You Might Like