DIY Uses for Table Runners: Decorating at a Discount
by Olivia Rose on March 06, 2015
Table runners are a common sight at trade shows or commercial events, but that’s far from their only use! Creative decorators and event planners who are willing to think outside the box a little will find many other great ways and places to use table runners. Since they’re fully customizable and very inexpensive, you can use table runners to dress up any space, event or party.
© Michael George Photography 2013
Decorating can be a pricey process, even for simple events – but it’s an important part of any event or event space. While full printed table covers might be out of your event budget, custom table runners can give you a similar look with a custom print in great colors – and at a much lower price. Our polyester table runners start at just $89, and that’s including the custom design and clean, merrowed edges!
The Perfect Print
All four of our table runner options (polyester, flame retardant, liquid repellent, recycled materials) offer you full dye sublimation printing. Not sure what that means for your design? It’s the highest quality digital print possible, giving you unlimited color choices and photo-quality detail so that your design looks absolutely perfect. Since you can also choose custom sizes for your table runner, you won’t have to settle for anything but the perfect fit.
Dress Up Your Space
Table runners work great at any event, and can easily dress up a table or even a wall! Why not try a custom table runner for decoration at these events?
- Weddings: Decorate gift, cake and DJ tables, in the wedding colors of course!
- Bridal Showers: Guests can take them home as a keepsake after!
- School Events: Great as a banner behind photos!
- Sports Events: Highlight your merch or snack tables!
- Baby Showers: Surprise guests with a blue or pink banner at the door!
- Wall Tapestry: For any event that needs a little extra pizzazz!
© Michael George Photography 2013
Decoration Tips for Table Runners
Because you can use a table runner in two ways (across your table lengthwise, or perpendicular), you’ll be able to customize tables at your event exactly to your taste. Here are some general tips on creating a table runner that will turn heads:
- Think Contrast. The most striking color combinations are those that contrast strongly, but don’t clash. Darks and lights together are a great pair, and even simple black and white can be very attention grabbing. If you table cloth will be black or navy, for example, a table runner in a lighter blue or a bright red would be visually striking.
- Design Colors Count. Don’t pick your table runner fabric color until you know the color of your logo or design – they need to coordinate! We can match any color, so just let us know the PMS number.
- Choose Your Space. You can print all over your table runner, or just in the center, or just on the front part that drapes in front – think carefully about what works best for your design (Big? Small? Long? Square?) and how you want to display your runner.
Questions? Want more details? Want to talk about printing your design just right? Get in touch with us by Live Chat on our website, email or phone at (800-980-6871). You’ll always get a human between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday!
Other Posts You Might Like